If you love working with people and being a light in their dark moments, then a career as a Medical Assistant might suite you.
Our nationally recognised Certificate IV in Medical Practice Assisting course will kick-start your journey to becoming a medical assistant. Working in this role means you need to be very efficient in a fast-paced, multi-skilled healthcare environment, whilst also being able to make a positive difference in people’s lives every day. This course is unique in that it consists of both face-to-face and distance learning. This allows for a flexible learning process – under the supervision and mentoring of your trainer, you will be required to attend face-to-face classes and complete some units at home.
What will you learn in our Certificate IV in Medical Practice Assisting course?
- This course provides you with the ability to assist medical practitioners in a range of medical and administrative tasks.
- Throughout this interactive program, you will be taught how to undertake vital observations (BP, pulse, respiration rates) for patients, and assist with procedures such as ECG, venepuncture, and Holter Monitoring.
- You will also learn how to assist the practitioner with medical procedures such as removing plaster casts, sterilization, and setting up biopsies and small procedures.
- Maintenance of patient accounts and medical terminology.
What your career might look like
Once you have completed your studies at Adept Training, there are many areas in the field of healthcare that you can work in. Medical assistants are always in high demand and many people find lifelong careers as medical assistants. These jobs include:
- Practice Assistant
- Medical Practice Assistant
- Healthcare Administrator
- Medical Office Manager
- Clinical Team Leader
Working as a medical assistant will provide you with a rewarding and meaningful career, and you can be guaranteed that this job will provide you with many opportunities to make a change in many people’s lives, so if this is something you wish to achieve, contact us to find out more.